TrinityPark2002_0413P4130060

Trinity Park

The Circle, the name commonly given to Trinity Park in the 19th century, was the scene of large and enthusiastic camp meeting services. In 1877 it was reported that “the Circle will seat 4,000 people and within hearing of the services 8,000 people can congregate. There have been times in the past when no less than 12,000 people have been packed within this enclosure.” Imagine rows and rows of simple wooden benches as well as surrounding porches, both upper and lower, filled with attentive worshippers.