Original Owner: Daniel R. Lowrie, D.D. of Bloomfield, NJ
Built: Mid 1870s
This house is believed to be an enlargement of what was originally a combination tent-cottage called “half-tent/half-cottage”. Dr. Lowrie called his tent-cottage “Sweet Home.” It included a parlor, study, dining room, modern kitchen, and sleeping rooms, and had a miniature lawn and gardens around it. Dr. Lowrie was a prominent leader of the campground – he served a president of the Camp Meeting Association Board from 1887 to 1896 and during the camp meeting itself ran the Young People’s Services.